Respons has been researching the market of public events for over 25 years in The Netherlands. Examples of our publications which have become well known sector reports are the TOP100 Event Monitor, Festival Monitor and Trade & Public Fairs Monitor which are published annually. Via co-operation with various trade associations, event data produced by Respons has become the industry standard.
The information products, databases and services of Respons are available in fixed formats or can be tailored to your specific demands. Our services are available on a subscription basis or as a on demand query. Respons is also active in event consultancy such as writing event policies, finding organisation models for combining events in a city, advising in programming in line with the brand of municipalities.
Tourism & City Marketing
Tourism and city marketing are closely linked to Respons’ event products and consultancy services. With the annual publication of the Top 50 Attractions Monitor, a ranking of the most visited attractions including museums, amusement parks and zoos, Respons has established its leading position as a tourism and city marketing expert in The Netherlands. Popular and distinctive attractions like De Zaanse Schans, Keukenhof and Mauritshuis can play an important role in the touristic and marketing propositions of cities.
The same applies for the Respons G50 Event Monitor. This report, which is available as a hardcopy report and as an online database, provides valuable insights in the events portfolio of the 50 largest cities in The Netherlands. The G50 highlights the role of events in city marketing. With our Dutch Exhibition Monitor we analyse the market of exhibitions and conventions, the MICE market.
The detailed and unique information provided by our G50 Event Monitor and Top 50 Attractions contribute to our tourism and city marketing expertise. Our consultants, equipped with years of experience, can tap into extensive database and research information and consult with other Respons analysts. Thus creating a unique combination of theory and practise, facts & figures and applied knowledge, setting Respons apart as a suitable partner for your tourism and marketing projects.
The outcome can range from writing a policy that utilizes your cities or region event potential to transforming your destination marketing organisation (DMO) into a full service city marketing organisation.
As a consultancy agency Respons is also a partner in tourism projects like destination marketing and branding, city hospitality or product development. We advise on projects in place development and place management and also marketing and branding for the city marketing target groups inhabitants, companies and visitors. We compile consultancy reports, create new (public-private) organisation models and in addition to this we are available for interim management.
Approximately 150 organisations subscribe to the event data products & services (ie API, online dashboard) offered by Respons. Among our clients you can find household consumer brands like Albert Heijn, KPN and AB InBev (Jupiler, Corona & Hertog Jan), which use our information and analyses to remain up to date on market opportunities, trends and developments. Next to the private sector, Respons has many clients in the public sector, with customers ranging from cities, city marketing and destination marketing organisations to regions (provinces). The education sector (mainly universities) are also frequent users of our data. With special logins for students via digital media library connections, Respons’ data and analyses are available for research purposes.
Respons’ tourism & city marketing expertise is mainly requested by cities, city & destination marketing organisations, regions and sector associations.
- The combination of event data and our extensive knowledge in this field was recently requested by The Metropolitan Amsterdam Area (MRA). The study focussed on the distribution of events and festivals in the wider area to relieve the city of Amsterdam of having too many (open air) festivals.
- The city of Apeldoorn approached Respons to assist in writing a policy on two main event & festival locations in the centre of Apeldoorn.
- For the city of Maastricht together with Maastricht Events Conference Center (MECC) we carried out an economic and media impact forecast for the European Song Contest 2020.
- The cities of Alkmaar (100.000 inhabitants) & Zaanstad (155.000 inhabitants) deployed senior consultants of Respons to run their city marketing organisations in the role as interim CEO till January 2020. At time we started at Zoetermeer (125.000 inhabitants).
- Organisational advice for the City of Tilburg regarding the future of the tourist information organisation
- Strategic advice for Tourist Information (VVV) in the future of the knowledge network destination The Netherlands (Destination NL)
- For the city of Súdwest Fryslận we are working on a new organisation model together with individual organisers, inhabitants, promotional and municipality organisations and the sailing club for the Sneekweek event, the biggest sailing event in Europe on inland water.
- For the Windmill Village De Zaanse Schans, Amsterdam Region, we made a marketing activity plan for more years in a row.
- Holland above Amsterdam asked us to make up a touristic profile for the Alkmaar (coastal) region and we made an inventarisation of all big events with the idea to choose some brand-events for marketing purposes.
- We helped Visit Brabant to renew the 5 years strategy